5th Wheel Insurance Coverage Options
Coverage Included With Your Policy
Here are some of the 5th wheel coverages we offer that aren’t included in a typical auto policy:
- Comprehensive Coverage for protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including: collision, fire, smoke, floods, landslides, hail, windstorms, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning.
- Coverage for Attached Accessories, including awnings, satellite dishes and TV antennas.
Farmers offers important optional coverage that let you customize your policy. Some coverage may be subject to company approval or may not be available in all states. These are a few of the most popular coverage options:
- Total Loss Replacement Coverage that protects your 5th wheel from the effects of depreciation. If your new-model 5th wheel is destroyed within its first five model years, and you’re the original owner, we’ll pay to replace it with a brand new one of similar kind and quality – no matter what it costs as long as you replace the 5th wheel. In years six through ten, we’ll give you up to what you paid for it originally toward the purchase of another 5th wheel.
This option can save you literally thousands of dollars when compared to typical auto policies, which pay only the Actual Cash Value (ACV) of your 5th wheel at the time it’s destroyed. That’s the current value of your 5th wheel.
- Emergency Expenses Coverage that pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability Coverage that provides liability coverage when you are parked and using your 5th wheel as a residence.
- Replacement Cost Coverage on personal belongings that are destroyed or stolen.
- TraveLine® Towing and Roadside Assistance eliminates the hassle of buying a separate towing plan. Towing, jump starts, roadside service, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, and locksmith services are just a toll-free phone call away. There are no out-of-pocket payments required, either. Just sign and drive. What’s more, your 5th wheel – and your tow vehicle – are covered, regardless of who is driving!
- Full-Timer Coverage that provides liability protection very similar to a homeowners policy. While an auto policy will only provide liability protection when you are on the road, a Farmers Full-Timer policy covers you when you are parked and using your rig as a residence, too.
- A special option for 5th wheelers is that we can insure your medium duty tow truck you use to tow your 5th wheel travel trailer, provided the medium duty tow truck’s GVWR exceeds 10,000 pounds.
- Our Special Program for Stationary 5th wheels gives you extensive comprehensive and contents coverage if you use your 5th wheel as a seasonal or permanent residence. This includes liability coverage that covers liability, medical payments to others, and property damage claims caused by an accident for which you are held liable. This program provides you with additional protection since your auto or homeowners policies may not extend coverage to you.
Policy discounts vary by state and chances are one or more will apply to your policy. Please contact us for a 5th Wheel insurance quote and see what specific discounts are available in your area.